General Questions (11)
The simplest way is to call up your old service provider and ask for the conditions of canceling. In most cases you will be able to cancel if you have been using your subscription for more than 12 months. Please make sure you understand the conditions and read the “small print”.
Please note: the TV PLUS boxes will work on your old existing subscription. So you can already order the TV PLUS service and even use it in parallel with your existing TV solution until you can cancel without having to pay a cancellation fee.
In addition to the TV PLUS service, you may need to find an Internet provider and/or a Telephony provider. TV PLUS works with several partners who provide these services. Please take a look under /Support/Internet&Telephony.
Services that use IPTV or DVB platforms like Swisscom, UPC, Sunrise and others. This means that the providers must have their own network, e.g. cable TV or TV over your telephone line. In Switzerland there are over 2 million households using these services. Here you have to contractually commit to at least 12 moths and have to buy all the services (TV, Internet, telephony) from the same provider. You are bound to your location and can not take their TV boxes with you somewhere else. You pay Fr. 100-140 on the average. With TV PLUS, you are independently able to buy your services and you pay 24.90 for TV PLUS and between Fr. 39 and 50 for the Internet to a smaller Internet service provider, saving about 50%.
Services that use OTT (Over the Top) platforms like Zattoo, Teleboy, Wilmaa, TV PLUS and others. OTT basically means that these services do not need an own network nor are they bound to one Internet provider. These providers have a lot of free subscribers, but only several tens of thousands of paying customers – mostly younger consumers who transition to more conventional TV-watching as they get older. In comparison, TV PLUS is a solution for people who don’t want to bother with installing apps and setting up the sometimes complicated SmartTVs or watching TV on a small phone screen. With TV PLUS, it is as simple as switching on and you are watching TV on a big screen instantly. We offer ease of use, TV, Youtube, Netflix and VoD all with the same (and only) remote control, 5 Boxes at the same time, 4K, Surround Sound.
We like to think that TV PLUS uses the best of the two worlds and combines their advantages to the benefit of the consumers
- When you order the TV PLUS starter package, select PayPal as payment method. Or switch to PayPal later in the TV PLUS My Account. Your PayPal account must already be created and the required amount available in it.
- Before the subscription runs out you make a monthly payment from your bank account to PayPal, best using a permanent order from your bank. Make sure there are enough funds in the PayPal account as PayPal works like a bank account.
- TV PLUS charges your PayPal account automatically. This works without any additional cost for you.
- You get a monthly statement from PayPal confirming the payment.
About The TV PLUS Subscriptions (9)
Can multiple boxes being used on one subscription watch TV from different locations at the same time?
- The HollyStar service: your box is already registered at HollyStar. You don’t need to do anything. When you watch a movie you will be charged once a month for all the movies you have watched. You pay per view. There are no costs if you don’t watch anything.
- Netflix: you need to open a Netflix account if you don’t already have one, best done on your computer. Then you log in once on the TV box and you are ready to watch Netflix. You pay via your Netflix account which is separate from TV PLUS. You are paying a flat rate subscription and you can watch as much as you want according to the current business model of Netflix. You can cancel Netflix monthly.
- In any Browser on your PC or Tablet, go to www.hollystar.ch/en and click/tap on “Sign in” in the top right corner.
- Enter the e-mail address of your TV PLUS account and select «Forget your password?».
- HollyStar will send you an e-mail on the e-mail address you just entered. Follow the instructions and store the new password in a safe place.
- In the Browser sign in at www.hollystar.ch/en with your e-mail and the new password. Go to „18+“ and again use the «Forget your password?» function.
- This will generate a separate password for the 18+ area, please store the new 18+ password in a safe place as well.
According to your website, the recording capacity of the TV Box is limited to 250 hours. What does it mean?
The TV PLUS Box (15)
- a 3-meter Ethernet cable for the Internet
- a 2.5-meter HDMI cable for your TV
- the power supply
- the remote control with batteries
- a quick start guide to help you connect everything
There are 2 possibilities:
1 ) Our remote control has 4 programmable buttons on the top right (Power, Source, VOL+ and VOL-). They can be programmed to control your TV or your A/V receiver, as the case may be. Just point the TV’s remote to ours, execute some keystrokes and the TV PLUS remote will now control the needed functions of your TV.
2) The TV box supports various functions of the HDMI CEC protocol. This just means that the TV and the box can talk to each other over the HDMI cable. So you can program the TV to turn off or on the box when it goes off or on. Or vice versa.
In both cases: you’ll basically need just your TV PLUS remote.
- press the Windows button
- Search for “Media Streaming Options” and click the result to open Control Panel on that section
- Click the Turn on media streaming button to enable DLNA on Windows 10. Turn on media streaming on Windows 10.
- Click OK to apply the settings and complete the task