General Questions (6)
Services that use IPTV or DVB platforms like Swisscom, UPC, Sunrise and others. This means that the providers must have their own network, e.g. cable TV or TV over your telephone line. In Switzerland there are over 2 million households using these services. Here you have to contractually commit to at least 12 moths and have to buy all the services (TV, Internet, telephony) from the same provider. You are bound to your location and can not take their TV boxes with you somewhere else. You pay Fr. 100-140 on the average. With TV PLUS, you are independently able to buy your services and you pay 24.90 for TV PLUS and between Fr. 39 and 50 for the Internet to a smaller Internet service provider, saving about 50%.
Services that use OTT (Over the Top) platforms like Zattoo, Teleboy, Wilmaa, TV PLUS and others. OTT basically means that these services do not need an own network nor are they bound to one Internet provider. These providers have a lot of free subscribers, but only several tens of thousands of paying customers – mostly younger consumers who transition to more conventional TV-watching as they get older. In comparison, TV PLUS is a solution for people who don’t want to bother with installing apps and setting up the sometimes complicated SmartTVs or watching TV on a small phone screen. With TV PLUS, it is as simple as switching on and you are watching TV on a big screen instantly. We offer ease of use, TV, Youtube, Netflix and VoD all with the same (and only) remote control, 5 Boxes at the same time, 4K, Surround Sound.
We like to think that TV PLUS uses the best of the two worlds and combines their advantages to the benefit of the consumers
About The TV PLUS Subscriptions (7)
Can multiple boxes being used on one subscription watch TV from different locations at the same time?
- The HollyStar service: your box is already registered at HollyStar. You don’t need to do anything. When you watch a movie you will be charged once a month for all the movies you have watched. You pay per view. There are no costs if you don’t watch anything.
- Netflix: you need to open a Netflix account if you don’t already have one, best done on your computer. Then you log in once on the TV box and you are ready to watch Netflix. You pay via your Netflix account which is separate from TV PLUS. You are paying a flat rate subscription and you can watch as much as you want according to the current business model of Netflix. You can cancel Netflix monthly.
The TV PLUS Box (10)
- a 3-meter Ethernet cable for the Internet
- a 2.5-meter HDMI cable for your TV
- the power supply
- the remote control with batteries
- a quick start guide to help you connect everything
There are 2 possibilities:
1 ) Our remote control has 4 programmable buttons on the top right (Power, Source, VOL+ and VOL-). They can be programmed to control your TV or your A/V receiver, as the case may be. Just point the TV’s remote to ours, execute some keystrokes and the TV PLUS remote will now control the needed functions of your TV.
2) The TV box supports various functions of the HDMI CEC protocol. This just means that the TV and the box can talk to each other over the HDMI cable. So you can program the TV to turn off or on the box when it goes off or on. Or vice versa.
In both cases: you’ll basically need just your TV PLUS remote.